Looking for the perfect summer evening dish? Look no further than these delicious fish tacos! They remind me of the ones I got down in Florida.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of beer
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1 pound of cod fillets, cut into 2-3 ounce portions
- 1 pack of corn tortillas
- 1/2 of a cabbage, finely shred
- To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don't worry about a few lumps).
- To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.